Family Fun Start - Mona Vale to Newport
Bring the kids, bring the stroller, bring a huge smile
Fun and fancy dress while demonstrating a healthy lifestyle is what the 3km course is all about. Perfect for families and a great starting point for young athletes looking to eventually progress to longer races.
You'll join the 13km runners at Apex Park, Mona Vale Beach. There's no excuse not to be part of this Pub2Pub course option. Wheelchairs, walkers and runners of all ages are welcome… and again, the celebrations continue at the Family Finish Festival above spectacular Newport Beach.
Distance: 3km (takes approximately 30 minutes to walk)
Date: Sunday, 27 August 2017
Start time: 9.45am (Please arrive around 9.30am. The run starts when the 13km runners have gone through.)
Start location: Mona Vale Surf Club
Finish location: Newport Beach
- Standard Pricing: Adult $60 | Junior $40 | Family $120
** Booking fee applies
Course map: Click here or on the map below to enlarge
Creating, Joining and Managing Teams: Click here for more information
Family registration: Click here for more information
Age Restrictions: The 3km has no age restrictions. You can also take prams along the 3km course, however you must start at the 'back of the pack'.
Not Allowed: Sorry, bikes or skateboards are not allowed. Leashed dogs, strollers or prams are allowed, but you must start at the 'back of the pack'.
Public Transport: If traveling by public transport, check bus, ferry and train schedules at TRANSPORT NSW. If you have an Opal card, the cost is only $2.50 all day! Note: The L90 bus from Newport will be accepting cash payments. We recommend the Trip View app to help you get there and back. It provides real-time arrival and departure times.
Parking - Getting there:
- Parking available at Mona Vale Surf Club, located at the northern end and is backed by a large carpark. Parking spots are limited so please arrive early.
- Plus surrounding streets.
Parking - Coming Back: When you arrive at Newport Beach, walk to the bus stop just outside the Newport Beach car park for a ride back to your car at Mona Vale. The L90 bus runs every 20mins. The bus will be accepting cash on the day.
- Toilets are located at the surf clubs along the route as well as near the drink stations and at start and finish lines areas.
- There are 4 water stations, located approximately every 3km at South Narrabeen Surf Club, Warriewood, Mona Vale and at the finish line at Newport Surf Club.
Clothes/bags Drop Off: No clothes/bags drop off will be available for the 3km run.
Weather conditions: The event goes ahead, regardless of weather conditions. Please check the Pub2Pub Facebook page on the day before the event for any changes to the start of the race.
Medals: Commemorative Medals will be presented to all runners at the Finish Line
Training tips: Have fun with the training program videos and tip sheets, whatever your level, to help you get through the upcoming race. Click here
- If you chose to have your Race Kit delivered, your race Bib, timing chip, confirmation letter and any merchandise will be sent via Australia Post to your mailing address. We will start mailing Race Kits from early July. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
- For entries received in the second part of August, your race Bib can be picked up at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 26 August OR at the race start (9.00am at Mona Vale starts).
- Timing chip - The timing chip will start at the moment you cross the electronic mats at the start and stop when you cross the electronic mats at the finish line. Your time DOES NOT start when the gun fires, so there is no need to rush across the start line. Please note that we do not store your card or security details and we have no access to your details.
- Registrations closure - Online entries will remain open until 3pm on Saturday, 26 August, with Race Kit pick-up available at race start from 9am at Warriewood start. If you enter online by 5pm on Friday August 25, you can also pick-up your Bib at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 26 August (11am to 2pm). On-the-spot entries for any of the 3 courses will also be available at Dee Why Surf Club on Saturday, 26 August (11am to 2pm). Your Bib will be available for pick-up right there.
- Missed cut off date for registration? - If the Fun Run is not at full capacity, limited entries will be accepted on Race Day, Sunday, 27 August from 6.30am at Dee Why start (for ALL 3 courses). Race Bib pick-up will be on-the-spot.
- No tranfers of entries - Once you have registered you cannot transfer your registration to someone else.
- No refunds - Sorry no refunds, as this is a charity event serving the local community. Please understand that once an entry has been accepted, we are not in a position to provide a refund in case you choose to withdraw from the event or otherwise are unable to attend.
- Beach Running - None, only for the 13km course.
- Hills - There are some exciting and challenging hills including Barrenjoey Road approaching Newport and Warriewood Hill, which is like the Heartbreak Hill in the City2Surf run.
- Finish time events - The running event concludes at 11.00am. After 11.00am, marshals may not be present on the course. Pathways remain open to the public. Celebrate and enjoy all the fun activities at the Finish Festival.
- Start line 13km event - There will be no alternate start line for the 13km event. In case of emergency (i.e. the lagoon breaking its banks) the start line will remain at Dee Why Beach and the course will go via Richmond Avenue to join Pittwater Road. This backup course is slightly longer and is approximately 15km.
- Fundraising closing date - Fundraising will remain open until September 30 following the event.
- Comparison with City2Surf run - The City2Surf is 14km, whilst the Pub2Pub is 13km or 6km or 3km.
Remember, all Pub2Pub course options are meant to be fun and just a little challenging... but the purpose of the whole event is to raise much needed funds for those organisations helping our local community. Enjoy!
All course options: